Thursday 13 December 2012

Responding to Student's Writing




   After I read the essay handed up by the students, I will read and mark it. To comment the essay, I will use different ways for different students based on different condition. For the example, if the level of students that I teach is high proficiency, I encourage students to peer-editing before the submission. By this way, students not only will edit their friends work but also can make it as an example to write on their own if they feel their friends work is good.

   If majority of the students make same mistakes and repeated, I will talk about that in front the class and write some example of mistakes and the correction. By this way, I think students will be able to ask directly anything that they don't understand and not feel so embarrassing because almost everyone in the class make the same mistakes.

   However, I will use written comments and talk to the writer personally if the mistakes made are so terrible, and just a few students have that kind of problems. By this way, I think I will not make the students feel shame rather than I talk to them in front of the class. At least, when I talk personally with them, I can ask them what actually they don't understand and find some ways to help them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment